Medical Checkup is one of the mandatory exam for OFWs. Before the processing of working visa, it is always employers’ requirement for prospect worker to assure that the applicant is “FIT TO WORK”.
The would-be OFW will undergo different phase of medical examinations. The test will vary depending on the country of destination. As an aspiring applicant of course we are more than willing to comply, but do you know what the these medical exams checking in body?
Here after some google I found this nifty list of information. Now I know why they are taking samples of my blood. Not just a drop of blood by cc’s of blood!.
- Chest X-RAY – to analyze lungs, heart and chest wall
- CBC – examine the blood, including white blood cells, red blood cells, hemoglobin and platelet count.
- ABO – determine ABO group and Rh type
- Urinalysis – check substances or cellular material in the urin associated with metabolic and kidney disorders.
- Stool Exam – detect parasites in the stool.
- HBSAG – detect the presense of Hepatitis B antigens.
- VDRL – diagnose infection with syphilis in sexually active person
- HIV – diagnose he HIV infection
- Psychology Test – to analyse the mental capacity
- Pregnancy Test
There they are, now we know the common medical examinations. You should know this – we all should be aware of this so we can check of our system is still working fine.
Like this post & want more? Join our growing list of readers and allow us to deliver our blog updates directly in your inbox.